Bollywood (also known as the Hindi film industry) is India’s as well as the world’s largest film industry producing over 800 movies a year. The industry has become a vital part of India’s international image. In fact, it would be wrong if we call Bollywood as India’s soft power at the International arena. But there’s one industry in India that very underestimated: both in terms of its massive following as well as impact.
In case you are getting confused, I am talking about the Bhojpuri Film Industry. The industry has been in existence since the 1960s and produces 50 plus movies a year, which entertain over 50 million Bhojpuri speakers in the Hindi heartland of India. Besides the household names such as Manoj Tiwari, Ravi Kishan, Nirahua, Monalisa, and Amrapali Dubey, the Bhojpuri movies have also featured the Bollywood heavyweights every now and then. Actors such as Ajay Devgn, Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra, Rahul Roy, and Mithun Chakraborty have made appearances in Bhojpuri movies. Here in this article, I would talk about some of the Best Paisa Vasool Bhojpuri Movies that you can enjoy on India’s leading OTT platform ZEE5.
- Rakhtbhoomi: Rakhtbhoomi is a 2015 Bhojpuri language action drama movie starring the heartthrob Ravi Kishan and the appealing Monalisa in the lead roles. The movie portrays the story of a commoner Jai, who dares to fall in love with a rich girl of his village. The father of the girl turns out to be a cruel village chief who is known for his brutality. But in the end, love conquers it all and Jai defeats him. The film was a major hit in UP and Bihar.
- Jigar: Jigar is a 2017 Bhojpuri romantic action film starring Dinesh Lal Yadav aka Nirahua, Anjana Singh, and Ritu Singh in the lead roles. Jigar was centered around the story of a family and their struggles. The film was a super hit with a gripping and emotion-evoking storyline. It did well at the box office and was a major crowd puller of 2017.
- Munna Mawali: Starring Pramod Premi Yadav, Ayaz Khan, Anjana Singh, and Poonam Dubey Munna Mawaali is a 2018 Bhojpuri drama film that tells the story of a journey of a man. The film although not a blockbuster hit still is a good time pass stuff on a lazy Sunday afternoon that you can enjoy with your family.
- Nirahua Chalal Sasural 2: Nirahua Chalal Sasural 2 is a 2016 Bhojpuri action drama film starring the megastar of the Bhojpuri cinema industry: Dinesh Lal Yadav (popularly known as Nirahua) in the lead role. The film also stars sultry Amrapali Dubey. The film is based on an age-old concept of “ghar jamai” (when a groom lives at his in-laws) and is a well written and directed family movie. It was among the major hits of 2016 in UP and Bihar.
- Inquilab: Inquilab is a 2006 Bhojpuri action film starring the Bhojpuri heavyweight Manoj Tiwari and Bollywood’s action hero Ajay Devgn in the lead roles. The story revolves around a commoner Arjun and his struggle to become an IPS officer. But things take an ugly turn when Arjun accidentally gets involved in an accident that kills a man. Will he follow his conscience and take the blame or he will run away from the police marks the rest of the story. This is an emotionally charged movie that you must see for its great storyline and acting.
- Biwi No 1: Biwi No 1 is a super hit 2013 Bhojpuri romantic comedy-drama film. The film tells the story of a man who is torn apart in deciding whether to marry the girl he loves or the one whom his parents and family have chosen. Will he listen to his heart of sacrifice his love for the sake of happiness of his family? This is something that you should find out yourself by watching the movie. Biwi No 1 stars Nirahua and Monalisa in the lead roles.
Stay tuned to The World of Movies for more such articles!
Written by: Absar Ahmad